Would you permit me to share with you important information on how to prevent yourself from Thunder and Lightning?
What do you do when you find yourself caught up in a lightning storm?
● Get inside a protective structure
● Never stand under either a tall or short tree
●Avoid being close to power lines as they are
excellent conductors of electricity
● Ensure that all windows and doors are
closed at home
● Be careful not to lean against any metal
● Do not use the Radio
● Do not lie on concrete floors because most
concrete has a metal frame.
● Do not park your cars under trees
● Harvesting water with aluminum
pans can also be dangerous
● Masons and Carpenters should avoid
working on high buildings
● Electrical gadgets should be switched off
● In a car avoid touching any part of the
● Avoid indoor swimming pools
● Charging or usage of the mobile phone must
I trust that you will find the information very helpful.
More rains to come in the coming days or weeks.
Shared by: Rev. Prof. Steve Nyarkotey Quao
(Aviation Meteorology Inspector, Ghana)