Today is yet another great Sunday given to all of us and as such we need to be grateful to God.
Today, we shall continue our discussion on the subject of love.
Theme: “Let Us Love One Another”
Text: 1 Jn. 4: 7, 11
- “Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God. And everyone who loves is born from God and knows God.”
- “Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another. “
Love is another test of principle of God’s attribute, the more one loves one’s neighbor, the more one understands the nature of God.
- Brethren, sometimes, our problem is that we try to seek to form a God after one’s own attributes
- The idolator defines God according to how he feels, and as a result, the concept one has
of God is limited to the extend of one’s own ability to love.
Beloved, in Roman’s 13:8 the bible says
” Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another for whoever loves others had fulfilled the law “
- John’s point in the original text is that, we can never come to understand who God is if we do not express love towards one another after the nature of God who is love.
- It’s important to note that when people fall from the community of believers, they are the one’s who have never learned to love the church as God’s has loved the Church.
● Hate is just as injurious to the hater as it is to the hated. Like an unchecked cancer, hate corrodes the personality and eats away its vital unity.
● Always do good to others. Be selfless. Mentally remove everything and be free for this is divine life.
● Brethren, our duty is to treat everybody with love as a manifestation of the Lord.
- If believers are not interactive with one another, they can never understand the God of love.
It wasn’t that man was righteous and for that matter deserved the righteous act of God through the sacrifice of the cross but;
• God loved man in his state of being unlovely. (Jn. 15:16)
Remember the following:
● Love is the most important ingredient of success. Without it, your life will echo with emptiness.
● Love opens doors and removes limitations.
● Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and help them to become what they are capable of being.
● In life, there are three keys to more abundant living;
— Caring about others
— Doing for others and
— Sharing with others.
● The more or longer you dwell on another’s weakness, the more you affect your own mind with unhappiness.
● Unless life is lived for others, it’s not worthwhile. A self-centered life is empty.
● A deep seated grudge in your life eats away at your peace of mind like a deadly cancer destroying a vital organ in your life.
● Forgiveness is your deepest need and highest achievement. Without forgiveness, life is governed by an endless cycle of resentment and retaliation.
— Finally, whoever claims to love God yet hates his brother or sister is a liar. For whoever does not love his brother or sister whom they have seen cannot love God whom they have not seen. (1Jn. 4:20)
— You must all have the same attitude and the same feelings; love one another and be kind and humble with one another. Do not pay back evil with evil or cursing with cursing; instead, pay back with a blessing, because a blessing is what God promised to give you when He called you. ( 1 Peter 3: 8-9).
May the peace of God continue to rule in your hearts. God bless you all.